Itunes lyrics game
I’m weirdly obsessed with my itunes play count, which is strange because there are very few things in this world that I am anal about. When I hang up pictures, usually they’re not even and they end up hanging at a tilt. If it’s a group of frames, they all end up slightly off. I eat food that I drop on the floor or food that’s slightly expired or has been sitting out for a while. [It’s good to introduce foreign antibodies into your system. Erinellis taught me that once when she was blackout.] I turn in papers late all the time; professors give me a deadline, and then I usually end up turning them in approximately a month later. Or sometimes it’s a year. Whatever.
The point is that I’m as opposite from anxious, Type A as you can get. But I have an obsession with my play count. If I listen to a song, it has to make the counter go up by one. I end up doing this manually a lot of the time, which takes a lot of effort for the number of songs that I have. Sometimes I’ll adjust the play count even if I hear the song on the radio or at a friend’s house.I know it’s excessive, but it’s what I do.
I think it all stems from the fact that I want the play count to reflect how much I like the song so that I can organize my music by how much I enjoy it. Obviously, I’ve put more thought into my itunes than pretty much every other human being on this earth, but it is what it is. It’s incredibly handy to have all the songs I like the best grouped together, that’s all I can say.
Today I found this itunes meme that I thought seemed fun and tricky. The rules:
1. Put your itunes on shuffle.
2. Take the first line from the first 30 songs that play. You can’t skip songs. [But I had to because several songs with no words came up, which hardly seemed fair.]
3. People guess what the songs are. You can’t google the lyrics.
4. I guess I’m then supposed to bold out the ones that people guess,and put the answer, but I doubt anyone is actually going to play.
- What will grow crooked you can’t make straight.
- The carbonation in my drink, the bubbles rise while my heart sinks.
How I wish you could see the potential, the potential of you and me.-I Will Posses Your Heart: Death Cab For Cutie
- Think about it, there must be higher love.
- They come, they take, it’s never enough because they can’t relate to the real world.
- Sorry ‘bout the things that I had to say, and I’ll make it up to you right now at the penny arcade.
- I am sitting in the morning at the diner on the corner.
- A falling star fell from your heart and landed in my eyes.
- Wake up, Maggie, I think I’ve got something to say to you.
- The butter melts out of habit, you know, the toast isn’t even warm.
- I lost myself on a cool, damp night.
- Ma chambre a la forme d’une cage, le soleil passe son bras par la fenêtre.
- You know you can’t keep letting it get you down and you can’t keep dragging that dead weight around.
- All the old paintings on the tomb, they do the sand dance, don’t cha know.
- How the heart bends, and summer, she sends a sky that refuses to die.
- Treated me kind, sweet destiny, carried me through desperation to the one that was waiting for me.
- We come on the Sloop John B, my grandfather and me
- Won’t you be good to yourself, and don’t you feel like coming home?
- They’re gonna send us to prison for jerks, for having vague ideas of the way to turn each other on again.
- When the night has come, and the land is dark, and the moon is the only light we’ll see.
- On the way to your brother’s house in the valley, dear, by the river bridge, a cradle floating beside me.
- Where do we go, nobody knows.
- When I wasn’t nothing but a child, when I wasn’t nothing but a child, all you men tried to drive me wild.
- I wouldn’t know what to do with another chance if you gave it to me.
- It’s coming on Christmas, they’re cutting’ down trees, they’re putting up reindeer and singing songs of joy and peace, so I wish I had a river I could skate away on.
- I could have been a sailor, could have been a cook, a real live lover, could have been a book.
Mucho gusto, me llamo Bradley, I’m hornier than Ron Jeremy.Caress Me Down: Sublime
- Love me girl, won’t you stay, won’t you stay, stay with me.
- I’ve been trying to get you to see things all my way.
- I’ve been tried and I’ve been tested, I was born tired and I never got rested.
I find this game to be very enjoyable. It taps into my desire to constantly post bits of song lyrics, which I refrain from doing much more often than I would like, seeing as twitter is such a good platform for it.
If I’d been allowed to pick the songs, none of these would have made the list. I’m not sure I would even be able to guess some of them, and it’s my music. Some of them are easy peasy. My apologies for the French one, but it’s a good song.