- You must post these rules.
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
- Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
- You have to choose 11 people to tag and link them on the post.
- No tag backs and you legitimately have to tag 11 people.
1. I have a totally irrational fear of bees. They are, without a doubt, the most terrifying animal in the universe. I was “stung” over the summer, but before that I’d lived 24 years in constant fear. Actually, I stepped on the bee whilst playing badminton, and I’m not even certain that it was a bee. I pretended for a while that I was no longer terrified of them, but it was a ruse. They are so scary.
They’re pretty much the best animals of all time. The only way I could love them more would be if their main food source were bees.
3. The 3 most influential books for me growing up were: The Dark is Rising by Susan Cooper, Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery, and The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand. I feel like this answers any possible questions that anyone could have about me.
4. I’m notorious for not sleeping. I’m just not very good at it.
5. My dream job would be similar to what Anthony Bourdain does, but sans all the pig by-products he eats.
6. When I was little, I used to play a game with my neighbor where we would take turns tying each other to trees to see how long it would take us to get free. I still really enjoy untying knots.
7. I write a lot. Or I used to. I have 2 finished novels, a 3rd one that will probably never be finished and a zillion short stories. If I don’t know you, you can read them. If I do, you can’t. Sorry.
8. One of my favorite things to do when I had my other blog was write 40X365 poems. You’re supposed to write one every day (which I never did). They’re about a specific person that you interacted with that day and they have to be exactly 40 words long. Any form or meter.
9. I very rarely get mad at people, but when I do, I destroy everything I have that has to do with them. This is a very unfortunate character trait, as I usually stop being mad at some point. There are many things I wish I hadn’t thrown away/deleted because they would be so hilarious now.
10. I have t-rex arms. Your arm-span usually matches your height, and my arm-span is at least 2 inches short.
11. The weird coincidental path that led me to listen to Nick Drake is one of my favorite stories in my life thus far.
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- If you had a billion dollars, but could only use it to donate to charities, which charities would you select and why?
- Do you think the toilet paper roll should hang over or under?
- What is your earliest memory from childhood?
- How would you describe yourself in 5 words or less?
- What books or movies had the largest impact on your life?
- What kind of old person do you think you’ll be?
- What prejudices do you have?
- How would you describe your personal style?
- Do you look at your reflection when you pass by reflective surfaces?
- What does your favorite christmas ornament from childhood look like?
- 1. What’s your favorite place you’ve ever traveled?
Prague. For many reasons. Notably, it was dirt cheap. They hadn’t converted to the Euro and the train from the airport to the hostel cost 5 cents, literally. It also has architecture that went untouched by all the bombing and destruction during WWII, so it’s a fucking gorgeous city—except when you get to the totalitarian communist Russia section of the city, which is scary as fuck. Also, I was with Erinellis and we drank an entire bottle of absinthe together. I took a shower on my knees because I was too drunk to figure out how to adjust the shower head, and a bunch of foreign tourists snapped pictures of Erin passed out on the hostel balcony. I have many fond memories of that city.
- 2. How many times have you moved in your entire life?
I hadn’t moved much before I left home, but then I moved 3 times in 2 years. Not enjoyable. I’ll be happy when I am finally settled somewhere, but I don’t suspect that will happen for a while.
- 3.What do you do to calm down when you’re stressed or upset?
I’m very rarely stressed. Or maybe I am, but I don’t notice it. Either way, I don’t have mechanisms for dealing with being upset, so in the rare instances when I do get very upset, the only thing I’m capable of doing is crying, to a degree that is ridiculous, for much longer than is appropriate or necessary.
- 4. What’s your favorite alcoholic drink?
Screwdrivers. I don’t like orange juice and I don’t like vodka, but when you put them together they are delicious.
- 5. Do you prefer to be outdoors or indoors?
I am a ginger and I’m afraid of bees. I think you can probably guess that I like being inside. Sun porches are really the best combination of both.
- 6. If you were on death row, what would your last meal be?
A whole selection of desserts. Cheesecake, creme brulee, chocolate mousse, fancy fruit tarts, tiramisu, etc. (The spell check will not accept tiramisu, and it just gave me Semiramis, Trimurti, and imprimatur as alternatives. WTF)
- 7. Who was your first celebrity crush?
Zack Morris. Oh, how I wanted to be Kelly Kapowski
- 8. What was your favorite year of college and/or of high school (and why)?
Sophomore year of college. I was introduced to so many amazing people who went on to become my best friends. I can’t remember doing anything but drinking and smoking, but I also got a 4.0 both semesters. It was an excellent time. I don’t know that I would return to it, but I’m glad I lived it and have all the memories.
- 9. Tell me about an inside joke you have with your parents.
This one is difficult for me. I’m not sure my parents and I really have inside jokes. But my dad exclusively calls me his “evil middle daughter”. I can’t really remember the last time he called me by my actual name. He does it in public, too. I don’t know where it came from….probably because I am evil and snarky in comparison to my sisters, but he’s done it for as long as I can remember.
- 10. What was your first favorite song, and do you still like that song now?
I had a Rainbow Bright vinyl that I was pretty obsessed with as a child. I honestly haven’t heard it in about 20 years, but I bet I would still dig it. I was a huge fan of all the disney songs too, and still am.
- 11. In general, do you prefer dark or light hair on the opposite sex?
I hate blond hair on men. If I ever end up dating someone with blond hair…I don’t know….it probably means I have brain damage. Or that he is really, really funny.
No one, because I don’t know anyone on this site except the person who tagged me.